Brick is an independently run brewery. Since 2013 we have been building our brewery in a railway arch in Peckham Rye, SE London and this summer we have expanded with an additional production site in Deptford, which means more beer, for more people. This also means we need more people to join our growing team of passionate individuals to drive the brand forward, literally.
As part of this growth, Brick Brewery is currently seeking a full time delivery driver. The main duties of the role require 3 to 4 days delivering stock with the remainder of the week working at the brewery on warehouse duties
- Delivering and collecting stock
- Loading and unloading vehicles
Job involves heavy lifting and manual handling, bending and sitting for long periods
- Route planning
- Warehouse management and inventory / stock management
- Must be 25 years of age or older for insurance reasons
- Hold a full clean current UK driving license
- Sociable, self-motivated, team player but also able to work independently.
- Have excellent customer relationship skills – polite, responsive and helpful
- Be responsible for ensuring all deliveries are ‘signed for’
- Collect and be responsible for all cash on delivery payments where necessary
- Knowledge of traffic laws and highway code
- Ability to speak, read and write English language essential
- Excellent numerical skills
- Keeping the warehouse in a clean and tidy order
- Inspect van / truck for defects before and after trips and report an defects to Line Manager
- Liaison with repair garages when needed
- Keep vans / trucks clean inside and out, cleaning out at end of working day
- Physically fit and able to move heavy items is essential
- Experience driving a van in London
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Interest in Beer is a definite bonus
Please apply by sending a covering email outlining why the position appeals to you, what you will bring to the role, along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please be sure to put “Delivery Driver” in the subject field. Applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Salary is £21,000 p.a. with some beer, when not driving of course
Closing date Friday, 22nd September 2017.