Camden Town Brewery is the leading craft beer in the UK with double digit annual growth and turnover of £17m after just 7 years. With 2 breweries; starting in the railway arches of Kentish Town West in 2010 and growing to Enfield this year, we make award winning beers include Hells lager and Pale Ale. We are listed in over 2800 outlets across London, Bristol, Brighton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Edinburgh, Nottingham, New York, Paris, Norway & Sweden. Camden drinkers love our beer. We have very strong and engaged consumers with brand engagement scores over 90%, sell-out brewery tours and thousands attending our annual Tank Party.
Our beer has only four key ingredients but our brewery has over 100: The Camden Beer Team. It’s these people who make Camden what it is. Without them, we wouldn’t be Camden. We love our brand and are all passionateabout what we do.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Shift Brewer to become part of our Kentish Town team.This role operates Monday – Friday with overtime where required for the proper running of the Brewhouse. Thismay include the occasional weekend or bank holiday at our busiest times which the incumbent should be prepared for.
- Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
- Ensure the security of the property, equipment and stock.
- Cleaning and general housekeeping; you must maintain a clean environment for the production of beer.
- To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
- Execute all necessary brewery operations – brewhouse, cellar, and filtration.
- Assist in packaging operations as required.
- Ensure all paperwork and QC checks are completed in-full to an acceptable standard.
- Reporting out of specification product to the Lead Brewer or Senior Brewer prior to proceeding.
- Routine maintenance (i.e. hygiene, changing gaskets, seals, etc).
- Troubleshooting; report breakdowns and damage caused to equipment and assist where required in resolving the issue.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. This role is expected to put forward ideas to improve product quality and brewery processes.
- Assigned project work.
- Carry out any other duties as agreed with company management.
- Quality and adhering to established recipes, procedures, etc.
- Housekeeping and ensuring a clean, tidy and organized environment.
- Delivery of product in-spec, on-time.
- Accuracy of paperwork.
- Minimising environmental footprint – MJ/HL, kWh/HL, HL/HL, kgCO2/HL.
- Raw material and product wastage.
Who we’re looking for
- Flexible, adaptable attitude to getting the job done is essential.
- Working knowledge of brewing and packaging operations.
- Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes.
- Relevant hands on plant aptitude – excellent problem solving skills.
- Relevant technical degree (science, engineering, brewing or winemaking) is advantageous, although not strictly required.
- Formal brewing education such as the IBD Diploma in Brewing is desirable, although not strictly required.
- Some experience in laboratory operations is desirable, although not strictly required.
- Must possess a passion for the Brewing Industry.
- This role may be required to periodically attend festivals and events on behalf of the company and in doing so must behave as an ambassador of Camden Town Brewery.
- This role must be prepared to be trained in packaging operations.
What We Offer
- Weekly beer allowance
- Free Friday lunches
- Full Beer Team Induction
- Camden Pilot Kit for one keg wonders
- Proud Living Wage employer
- Join a diverse working environment of people who we learn from every day
- The Camden Run Club heads every Wednesday with a pint on the finish line
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare and Childcare Vouchers
So if you’re interested then apply at