Howling Hops brewery in Hackney Wick, East London is looking for a full-time member of staff to join our team to manage our warehouse, control our stock and undertake dray driving.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Full current UK driving license, free of points.
- Must be over 25 years-old for insurance purposes (non negotiable sorry).
- Knowledge of London roads
- Must be physically fit and capable of bending and sitting for long periods.
- Ability to comfortably move casks, kegs and other heavy items.
- Fluency in English and excellent numerical, IT and organisational skills essential.
- Excellent customer relation skills – polite, responsive, helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Reliable, flexible, hard working.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience of delivery driving in London.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Forklift training and/or familiarity.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and familiarity with the beer scene.
- Warehouse management.
- Management of stock, including tracking casks and kegs.
- Using databases and IT.
- Picking stock to order.
- Loading and unloading stock.
- Planning delivery routes.
- Driving and delivering casks, kegs and cases of beer across London and occasionally further afield.
- Moving stock items between brewery and warehouse.
- Keep records of deliveries and collections and ensure all deliveries are signed for and paperwork filed.
- Collect and be responsible for all cash on delivery payments.
- Represent Howling Hops to consumers and provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinating external couriers and delivery services.
- Ensure safety, basic maintenance and cleanliness of delivery vehicles.
- Any other duties as required to assist the smooth running of the brewery including assisting with packaging, some event work, possible bar shifts etc!
Hours of work are typically 09.00-17.00 Monday to Friday, although flexibility and some additional hours may be required.
Salary subject to negotiation upon successful application and experience level.
To apply send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 16th October 2017.