About Real Ale
Real Ale is an Award-winning business, dedicated to giving customers a great range of high quality, often unknown, craft beer and ciders from British and International breweries. Established in 2005, Real Ale stocks around 400 constantly rotating beers from around the world, as well as over 250 different wines, ciders and spirits; all of which are sourced from small producers.
A popular, successful and ever-expanding business we have grown to a multi-site business with shops located in Richmond, Maida Vale and Notting Hill.
We have an ambitious plan for our event activities throughout 2020, covering Food Festivals, Beer Festivals, a wide array of corporate client events, and local community events.
Strong relationships across the brewing industry has led to Real Ale becoming a major contributor to the development of Marks & Spencer’s beer category over the last decade, and we are one of the few official suppliers of beer and cider into Marks & Spencer, with a significant product range from breweries across the UK and Europe.
Team and culture
At the heart of our business is our talent. We are committed to enjoying a strong team spirit and a friendly, professional working environment. Our Real Ale team share a genuine passion, dedicated to offering something different at the cutting edge of the drinks industry, for all of our customers.
This is an exciting time to be involved in craft beer and working at Real Ale is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the industry, working alongside a conscientious, knowledgeable and down to earth bunch.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Events Support Executive to join our busy team. The successful candidate will provide support throughout all Real Ale events within the calendar year with the role being strongly focused between the months of April through to the end of September. You will be required to work with the Events Manager to execute the organisation, planning and on-day management of Events throughout 2020, a year where this sector of business within Real Ale is set to see dramatic growth. Your role will be instrumental in successfully bringing ‘’Real Ale Events’’ into a new era.
You will be an ambassador for Real Ale whilst working on location throughout the Real Ale Events Program. Constantly striving to improve our offering and provide the best possible customer service.
This is a six-month contract, with a 32 hour working week – time will be split between Events and Retail (working in one of our Shop locations), we foresee 75% of your time being utilised within Events.
To be successfully considered for this role you will need to be able to commit to all dates within the Events Calendar Year (this can be provided separately). Applicants must be a confident driver with a valid/clean UK driving license.
Event planning, organisation and logistics
· Assist with the preparation of documents - inc. Bar Menu, Equipment Check Lists, Temporary Events Notices - needed for each event
· Assist with the maintenance, preparation and collection of events equipment pre-event
· Work with the Events Manager to ensure excellent stock control during all events (including the changing of kegs, tapping of casks, chilling of small pack beer/cider, wines, soft drinks etc).
· Demonstrates a willingness and ability to manage the orderly upkeep and cleanliness of the Real Ale Warehouse especially in regard to any events stock or equipment
· Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of any vehicles used for events
· Assist with ‘on the day’ management and smooth running of the Real Ale Events in 2020
· Assist with the receiving of deliveries from suppliers.
· Assist with the dismantling, and maintenance of events equipment post-event
· Trained toward gaining the ability to confidently and responsibly oversee the on-day running of an event in the absence of the Events Manager
· Be a front-of-bar ambassador at all events, and someone who models a ‘customer comes first attitude’ and can develop and deliver a consistently high level of customer service to all customers
· Ensure on site event set-up of equipment and merchandising of all products on offer at events is done to an exemplary and timely manner
· Responsible for back-of-bar-duties.
People and communication skills
· Ability to prioritise actions demonstrating initiative and common-sense when under pressure at busy times
· Makes uses of quiet / down time at events to establish ways of improving the customer experience
· Able to delegate to other members of staff where appropriate
· Demonstrate first class communication skills both with the team and to customers, and can resolve any potential problems in a fair and rational manner
Personal characteristics and qualities
· Passion for the drinks industry, particularly craft beers, real ales, ciders, and wines/spirits from small producers
· Knowledge, and interest in, the lines and products that Real Ale offers at events
· Willingness to explore and learn about all areas of the drinks industry, attending relevant trade tastings and visits where appropriate
· Keen to broaden knowledge and understanding of the drinks industry and improve the level of service we can offer customers
· Flexible to work over and above during busy periods in line with business requirements.
· Motivated and upbeat, willing to support team members
Skills and Experience
· Experience or an interest in, the field of beer, wine and/or spirits would be an advantage
· A track record of working on events – beer would be an advantage
· Knowledge of draught keg systems helpful
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Motivated with a proactive can-do approach
· Well organized with a keen eye for detail
· Ability to pick up tasks quickly and keen to learn new skills
· Ability to move and carry heavy stock items
· Flexibility and comfortable working weekends and shift patterns
· Valid UK driving license
Salary and package
· Salary: £16,640 pro rata per annum
· Annual leave: 20 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata accordingly)
· Benefits: Pension scheme enrolment
· Training: Full training and guidance to be provided by the Events Manager.
Richard Sharp – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for Deadline
This position will close on the 13th April, with interviews to take place during the first couple of weeks of April.
Real Ale Ltd is mindful of its responsibilities to promote equality of opportunity and to avoid discrimination at all times. Our policy is that no person applying for a job or contractual work is treated less favourably than another because of their race, age, colour, ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability or sexual orientation.
Real Ale Ltd takes a responsible approach to the safe consumption of alcohol. We feel passionate about beer, wine and spirits and them being enjoyed by our growing number of customers from across the UK. However, we understand that the excessive consumption of alcohol can be damaging to ones health and can be a contributing factor to anti-social behaviour. We would strongly encourage that all those who enjoy our products, drink them moderately and responsibly.